Hong Kong Island

Hong Kong Island
As seen from TST, Kowloon, HK

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Past the two year mark...

A little over two years ago I moved to Hong Kong with my husband.  It seems like just yesterday that I was stuffing things into my suitcases...and yet at times it seems like we've been here longer than two years.  I have been told that it is significant to reach the two year mark...or at least that it takes two years to get use to living in Hong Kong.  I'd say that I'm probably on the five year plan when it comes to acclimating.  I have days when I'm in love with this city, the culture, the food & the people...And I have days when I'm dying to board a plane heading away from the chaos, stress & city life.

I know that there is no perfect place to live but I am sure that it isn't easy to re-adjust your entire life in a new culture, very far from home.  I am hopeful though of the things to come in this city.  HK is an every changing, growing and vibrant city.

How about you guys?  Any advice for acclimating in a new place, new culture, new city?

Blessings,
Angie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment