Hong Kong Island

Hong Kong Island
As seen from TST, Kowloon, HK

Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Friday!

So the end of summer, or at least the official end of summer is here.  The temps in HK haven't yet convinced me that autumn is right around the corner but I'm sure my friends and family in the US, Canada and Europe will agree that it is.  For those of us in HK or an even warmer climate we'll have to wait a bit to unpack our boots & sweaters but the signs of the mid-autumn festival are all around to remind us of the yummy treats to come.

Change of seasons are difficult at times but always good for us.  As we leave the lazy days of summer behind and turn our focus back to a more normal schedule, whether it be back to school or back from holiday, let's prepare for all that the new season is bringing our way.  Personally and professionally I am ready for the seasons of change that are coming.  I am anticipating great things to come.  And as I wait, I am going to read, practice being patient and study so that I am prepared for whatever comes next.  I am pretty sure that waiting is one of the toughest things we do in life.  But experience and history tell us that waiting is necessary in order to be prepared for the next season.  So to quote a favorite movie of mine, "I'm preparing for rain."--Facing the Giants

Have a great weekend!  And happy Labor Day to my Stateside peeps!!!

Blessings,

Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment