Hong Kong Island

Hong Kong Island
As seen from TST, Kowloon, HK

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Merry Christmas from Hong Kong!

I hope that wherever life finds you this holiday season that you are embracing the decor, and season changes that are going on all around.  It seems that everywhere I go in Hong Kong I see new decorations...some of which are quite out of place in the subtropics.  For instance, the snow that I found in the IFC mall surrounding the giant reindeer.  I've read that they are also going to make it snow inside the mall a few times a day starting this weekend.  Snow in the subtropics, that will be worth the ding-ding (aka the tram) ride to Central.  

I love this time of year.  I miss the seasonal changes that living in a four seasons climate bring but at least the randomly placed poinsettias finally make sense.  Hong Kong gets all dolled up to celebrate in style with lights, trees and music everywhere you go.  

Wishing you a very merry Christmas!!!!
Angie




No comments:

Post a Comment